JCE is an wysiwyg editor tool that makes the job of writing articles for your site a little bit easier. In a nutshell, it provides access to many of the features you may be used to using in Word or OpenOffice etc. but for your website content HTML, ie: you can make some text bold, without having to know how to write make some text bold.
The JCE Editor Toolbar provides over 50 different commands and plugins, each represented by a button or drop-down list with which you can style and enhance your content.
With JCE you can:
- Style test using familiar buttons and commands, like, bold, italic, underline etc.
- Insert and edit tables
- Copy text from Word or other text documents
- Insert images using an easy to use file browser popup interface
- Create links, including links to Joomla! content items using a dynamic selection routine.
- Run a spell check on your finished article.
- Insert Media files, file links and create image captions - subscription required to access additional plugins
JCE also includes an Administration Component, which is used to configure the editor functions, install new plugins and languages and manage user group profiles for individualised editing.